Every ultra-luxury Seabourn cruise is a culinary treat, but its latest dining experience 'reels in' anyone hungry for fishing action as well as the taste of fresh-from-the-water seafood.
'Enjoy Your Catch' is an exclusive experience for Seabourn guests to hook a winner and savor your own personal catch on board during a Seabourn Ultimate Alaska voyage.
The experience is now available in conjunction with select, guide-led excursions in the beauty of the Alaskan wilderness. Hopefully, your fishing expedition is a success, and when you return to the Seabourn Sojourn, your fresh catch will be prepared by the ship's culinary team for you to enjoy in The Restaurant or The Colonnade. Imagine yourself in these angling adventures**:
- Halibut Fishing at Icy Straight Point – Board a modern cabin cruiser and embark on the ultimate fishing excursion in one of the hottest fishing spots known only to locals. The waters of Icy Strait are teeming with halibut, and an abundance of marine life and brilliant photo opportunities will be waiting.
- Salmon Fishing at Ketchikan – Board a modern fishing boat and head to a nearby salmon fishing locale in the sheltered waters of Clover Passage, while keeping an eye – and a camera – out for eagles, whales, seals, sea lions and other wildlife along the way.
- Salmon Fishing at Sitka – The waters of Sitka Sound are swimming with an abundance of king, silver, chum and pink salmon, and sport fishing in the region is one of the best-kept secrets in Southeast Alaska. Combined with dramatic views, marine wildlife, and excitement as running as deep as the waters, this half-day salmon fishing adventure is not to be missed.
- Fishing the Inside Passage at Wrangell – Engage in world-class Pacific Ocean fishing along the Inside Passage amid a backdrop of spectacular scenery, with calm waters harboring a multitude of sought-after species including salmon and halibut. Leave it to the captain to choose the best chance of catch based on seasonality and word of the day.
Ultimate Alaska Cruises
The 2019 season in Alaska and British Columbia runs from June to October offering a selection of 11-, 12- and 14-day 'Ultimate Alaska' cruises with itineraries including wilderness destinations such as Harriman Fjord and College Fjord; marquee ports from Ketchikan and Juneau; and rarely visited gems such as the First Nation villages of Alert Bay and Klemtu, a town of fewer than 500 belonging to the Kitasoo Native Band where guests will enjoy the breathtaking Inside Passage of British Columbia.
All Included and More
Every cruise will include complimentary Seabourn all-weather jackets; inspiring onboard guest speakers from the Seabourn Conversations program; opportunities for frequent wildlife sightings from the ship and shore; and a delectable "Caviar on the Ice" deck party and other special deck events.
Ventures by Seabourn
Adventure seekers are encouraged to lock in a spot on one of the Ventures by Seabourn tours to discover select destinations via hike, kayak, Zodiac and catamaran with experts, including Inian Islands Zodiac Exploration; Kayak Exploration of Misty Fjords; and Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm Via Kayak.
Pre- and Post Seabourn Journeys
For travelers who want to delve deeper into the beauty and history of the region, Seabourn is also offering exclusive Seabourn Journeys for in-depth exploration before or after their cruise. One by plane, the other by rail, and both magnificent, they include the Denali Experience and UNESCO Banff National Park & the Rocky Mountaineer.
**Seabourn guests participating in Cook Your Catch will be required to purchase a valid one-day fishing license, available from the fishing boat captain at $25, and a $15 king salmon stamp as well during king salmon season, May-June. All fishing gear is provided. Guests may also choose to have their catch shipped anywhere within the United States for an additional fee.
Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ultra-luxury ships. Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world.
Seabourn's stylish, distinctive expedition cruising vacations are known for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences in select destinations.
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
- Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice, produced exclusively by Belinda King Creative Productions.
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
Offer by seabourn